Monday, September 1, 2008

Simply the Best


Starbucks Chai Tea Latte!

I had a craving all day yesterday that I fought until I could fight no longer. So last night at about 10:15 p.m. I told Andrew I was going to go put gas in the car while he showered. (Side note: I've been meaning to gas up the car since Friday because I've been worried about the gas prices going up with Hurricane Gustav.) So with that as my motivation/excuse to get out so late at night, I thought I'd bypass the gas station which is just two blocks down the road from us and instead travel across town to a gas station that was conveniently located by Starbucks. As I approached the gas station, I saw that their SUPER UNLEADED was 4 cents cheaper than the gas station by our house. "Score!" I said to myself (out loud actually with serious excitement in my voice). At least if Starbucks was closed I didn't drive all the way across town for nothing - although did I really save much by driving 3 miles out of the way for gas that was 4 cents cheaper? Anyway, my mind quickly focused again and I drove a stoplight further and peaked my head out the window to see if Starbucks was still open. I had no idea if they would be or not, being that it was a Sunday before a holiday at 10:30 at night! But when I spotted lights on in the actual building, my heart leaped with joy! Wait, this story gets even better! When I drove up to the drive-through and ordered my Vanilla Chai Tea Latte I asked when the Pumpkin Spice would be available for the season (the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte is above and beyond my favorite - the Vanilla Chai is my second choice). The "voice" said Wednesday. So I proceeded forward to the window and when the boy handed me my order he said, "Don't tell anyone you got this here, but there may be a little pumpkin spice in there (referring to the drink he handed me)." Are you kidding me!!! It tasted SO good. 
Because the drink does contain caffeine (75mg to be exact), I've tried to limit my intake with this pregnancy (this is my third one) but fall is in the air and FALL = PUMPKIN SPICE CHAI LATTE! So for the time being, my craving is satisfied. If you've never tried one, please do so because this is the most delicious hot drink there is! Oh and Andrew got a kick out of me bringing STARBUCKS home so late at night!

1 comment:

nick&abby said...

that is fantastic! I LOVE that you had a chai craving---my absolute favorite. You totally made me smile.
Can we meet for chai sometime please?