I have two sons. One whom I have met, held and said goodbye to. Another who will join me soon and Lord willing will stay longer. So many emotions that I constantly wade through. Excitement followed by sorrow. Longing followed by anticipation. Questions followed by peace. What do I do with all of this?
So my thoughts come back to the two mailings and what they represent. These verses come to mind and strengthen my spirit.
Philippians 1:21
For me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Romans 8:18
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
God my prayer right now is that I acknowledge I can't do this alone. I choose You. Even though my thoughts and the "everyday happenings" of life can distract me from looking upward, throwing me momentarily off course, I break free and run to You. Help me to know that you are here. Speak to me. Use me. I am hungry for You.


7 comments:
Lindsay, my heart breaks for you when I think of what you have gone through. And yet there is so much hope in knowing that your son is with Jesus where you will one day join him for eternity. Thank you for keeping the faith. You are truly an example of God's strength.
Lindsay, I too am so sorry that you have had to go through this. I admire your faith and strength in Jesus and just your trust for his will in all of this. God is using you in so many ways, he just used you to speak to me in your blog.
What an amazing woman you are. Thank you for sharing your heart! God has been so faithful and it has been neat to see how you have been strengthened in Him this last year. I'm sorry you didn't get more time with little Andrew...
Praise God for his grace and love that holds us up when we can't. :)
Good observation. As usual, your blog brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for being vulnerable and, in doing so, encouraging others.
Amazing...the Lord truly has used you to speak and encourage so many. Thank you for your willingness and honesty to share how God's truth is guiding you through this difficult time. Those verses were exactly what I needed to read.
Lindsay, you have amazed me since I first met you as a little girl and watching you grow into a remarkable woman has been my blessing in life. your courage and strengh as you have had to endeavor such a hardship so early in life has given me new insight into my faith! I am so proud of you! And I can't wait to meet your son. Sorry I can't be at the shower but know I am thinking about you that day!
diane
Lindsay, you are truely an inspiration and a beacon for others who want to become stronger in their faith. As your Dad, it was me that was suppose to give you strength, but in the end it was you who gave me strength...may God continue to bless you and your family...Love, Dad
Post a Comment