Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's in a name?


As mentioned before in a previous post, I wanted to satisfy your curiosity about how and why we chose our son's name.

Sidnee Andrew Farmer is named after two incredibly special people he won't meet here on earth. Instead, they are in Heaven anxiously awaiting the day he is born again (John 3:1-21). On that day, Sid will be assured he WILL meet and spend eternity with them, and I know they will be rejoicing along with the angels (Luke 15:10).

Those of you who know our whole story, know that I am referring to Andrew's mom, Denise, and our son, Andrew Lindsay. We used the letters of Denise's name to spell Sidnee. Every letter in her name makes up Sidnee. And obviously his middle name Andrew, is Andrew Lindsay's first name. Cool, don't ya think?!!


I've already been telling Sid all about his big brother and Grandma Dee Dee. And when I rock him to sleep every night, I just stare at his beautiful face and try to catch glimpses of the two who await him in Heaven. 

Thank you God for Sidnee. Thank you for using him to help bring peace to our aching hearts. When I think about how You created him (Psalm 139) - his button nose, blue eyes, long eye lashes, pointed ears like his daddy's, big hands, finger nails, long torso, little toes like his daddy's, beating heart, kidneys, lungs, every little part of him - I can hardly catch my breath. It's my sincere prayer that I do my part to raise him to be a warrior for you God. For you alone are God over all kingdoms of the earth. You have made Heaven and earth. Isaiah 37:16


5 comments:

Jessica Pennings said...

That's so neat Lindsay, I'm so happy for you both.

Angela said...

You almost brought tears to my eyes. What a cool namesake little Sidnee has.

By the way, is it just me, or does Sidnee have an incredibly deep, smart look in his eyes? :-)

Travis said...

What a great testimony to God's goodness and faithfulness in your life! I love how you came up with his name!

Melissa said...

Your blog always makes me cry! (in a good way)

How sweet.

Andrea said...

I just wanted to say how beautiful your blog is. I think it is wonderful how much good you have been able to bring out of your difficult times and the faith with which you do it. Painful times seem to take people to one extreme or the other in faith and it's wonderful that you've been able to glorify God even through the difficulties. Your boys are both beautiful, and I admire your faith and attitude. I am certain Sid will continue to heal your hearts, little ones have a way of doing that! He's so handsome - hope you have a blessed 1st christmas... I'm sure his grandparents won't spoil him at all ;) Congrats again! God Bless, Andrea Smiens