Tuesday, September 29, 2009

He called me Sis

He called me Sis

He called me Sis
He stood outside his house and waved goodbye until he couldn't see me anymore
He had a beautiful voice
He sang real loud at church


He called me Sis
He made me a doll house for my barbies
He got up early and brought me donuts for breakfast when he stayed at my house
He drove his car real slow because he liked to look at everything


He called me Sis
He made things for me out of wood
He walked with me on the railroad tracks
He had this trademark cheering sound at my ballgames


He called me Sis
He loved listening to me talk
He made me feel so important
He had a great laugh


He called me Sis
He cried when he was happy
He was known by his hand shake
He loved race cars


He called me Sis
He was a war veteran
He liked ice cream a lot
He made me a tire swing, two actually


He called me Sis
He always called me on my birthday

He died on Father's Day 2006
He loved me so much


He called me Sis. I called him Grandpa.

Today (Sept. 30) would have been my Granpda Mac's 84th birthday. I really wish he was here today. He would have loved Sid. And he'd be so overjoyed to know that I am walking with Jesus.

Thanks for reading my attempt at a poem. I have so many more memories of my Grandpa but when I think about my relationship with him, this is what stands out the most. Here is a photo of us on my wedding day in January 2006.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Grandpa Mac is very proud of you Lindsay!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture - 2 beautiful people.
love ya