Anyway, Andrew and I are headed to the first Iowa game this weekend against UNI. I'll probably have to drive us to Iowa City because I'm guessing Andrew will be running on little to no sleep from the night before. He gets himself so worked up for the first game of the season that he always has trouble sleeping the night before. I'm torn about who to cheer for at the game. I'm a UNI alum but my brother played football for the Hawkeyes - so I'll probably won't cheer at all. Let's just say I won't lose my voice, unlike my husband on the other hand will no doubt lose his voice cheering for the Hawkeyes. But if you see me on TV this Saturday with my face painted purple and gold OR shouting I-O-W-AAAA, then I've changed mind!
Sid is doing great. He took his first steps on August 27 - well at least the first ones we've seen. Actually, Andrew, myself and my parents all witnessed the Sid Man balance himself while putting one foot in front of the other. We followed it up loud crazy cheers, which then startled our little guy and probably just reaffirmed in his mind that his family is really weird.
We did make it to the Iowa State Fair. The weather was outstanding and helped make the day so enjoyable. Because otherwise, it was way overcrowded. We stood in line and ate our usual favs - corn dog, tenderloin, cheese curds, pineapple whip and lemonade. You can probably tell I was trying to watch what I ate that day. I can say though that Andrew and I did split everything we ate besides the pineapple whip. Sid was so good the entire day. He LOVED the animals AND the pineapple whip :)
I have no plans as of yet for the big ONE YEAR birthday bash. I'd better get planning though... If these next two months go as fast as the last ten months, I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be November 1.
Oh and lastly, before I let you go, I've been meaning to tell you that I have my real estate license. I've officially been in the business since June and have closed one deal AND have two others which will close in October and November. Pretty cool for a newbie :) I'm an agent with Moulton and Associates, Realtors in Ankeny and am licensed to practice in Iowa. So feel free to tell your family and friends, who are looking to buy and/or sell, that you know an amazing realtor - and then after you talk me up for a few mintues, go ahead and pass on my contact information. If you don't have that, shoot me an email LindsayF@moultonrealtors.com and I'll give you my cell. Kapish?
I'll end this long post with some photos. Have a great day!


3 comments:
I cannot believe how fast the years has gone! I cannot believe he's walking! :) He is so precious
Congrats on selling real estate! I think that would be a very fun job and it suits you well! Sid is so cute! Hope we get to see you and Andrew at the game on Saturday!
Katie P.
Hey Lindsay! I've missed you and thought I'd check in to see what Mr. Sid is up to! He's getting so big and doing so many fun things! And he is taking steps? Wow!! Treyton is finally just starting to pull himself up but isn't too worried about it. I think Treyton's a lil chunkier than Sid!
Let's try to get the boys together, that would be fun!
Take care!
Kelly Riesberg
Post a Comment