Saturday, May 1, 2010
Reality
Do Something Now from Children's HopeChest on Vimeo.
I was presented with the opportunity this week to travel to Minneapolis with a friend and attend the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit. Two intense (and long 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.) days of presentations, speakers, breakout sessions, prayer and worship. I was awakened, moved and wrecked. I left feeling exhausted from emotion and information overload but on the flip side, the Holy Spirit is burning inside of me and the flames are starting to grow.
I don't know what my deal has been. Let me take that back, I do. Selfishness and fear. I've seen it but ignored it time and again. But I mean, let's just be realistic...
Lindsay is busy. And Lindsay just doesn't have much time or even that much money. Really though, Lindsay just has a lot to take care of and her plate is full. Maybe another time though; when she's got more time on her hands and a little more money coming in. Maybe when she's selling like 12 houses a year. Yeah, that sounds good. Then she'll have a little bit extra to, you know, help people with... I mean, she's not really saying no; just not right now.
What you just read and what no doubt has gone through my mind is not my reality. It's not. Those are simply my excuses. And my excuses don't excuse me from obeying God. The minute I trusted in Christ for my salvation, I become doubly his. (1) He created me. (2) I was purchased by the shedding of his blood.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. Galations 2:20
God's Word says that I am to defend the fatherless. That's in itself an overwhelming command when you try to wrap your brain around the fact that there are over 143 million orphans in the world. But I was reminded over and over again this weekend that the well I draw water from (Jesus Christ) will never leave me thirsty. And that he will sustain me for "the work" he has called me to do (John 4). I have no clue what "the work" looks like so I guess I'll just have to stay tuned to God and you'll have to stay tuned to my blog to find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Boo-yeah!
What an amazing few days and I can't wait to see how God is honored when we choose to take the first steps of faith to care for 'the least of these.'
I am honored to be called your sister in Christ...and thanks for listening to me blabber incessantly for two days straight!
Love you!
Post a Comment