Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuna and Cottage Cheese

Lindsay P. if you are reading this, I got a little crazy tonight and took your advice.

I was discussing with my co-worker today that I was frustrated with trying to incorporate the recommended amount or protein in my pregnancy diet (80 grams a day mind you). Feeling defeated and ready to give up, Lindsay suggested that I try mixing tuna and cottage cheese together - both are rich in protein while low in fat. Sounds good right?

Well I've never eaten or really even wanted to try cottage cheese before and tuna is just okay, so I can't say my mouth was watering at the thought of it. BUT Andrew went golfing tonight so not wanting to cook for just myself, and seeing that we had both tuna and cottage cheese on hand, I gave it try.

Well, does this picture tell you anything?


To be honest, it was okay until I got down to the last couple of bites, which I had to force down. I'm not sure this will become a part of my diet for the next 13 weeks but if any of you out there are needing to add more protein to your diet, it's worth a try.

No comments: