Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Sid Man

Sidnee is such a joy. He's 10 days old already! Today he lost his umbilical cord. I don't know if it's hormonal but I cried when I first looked at his bellybutton without it :( That was the one thing that he and I shared for nine months. It's how I was able to nourish and take care of him. If you would have asked me two weeks ago, I would have told you I was so ready for Sidnee to make his arrival. And though I'm loving that he's here, I will never forget what it was like to carry both of my boys. What incredible memories to have forever.

Here are some more photos of Sid. I'm sure many of you are curious about his name. Stay tuned to my blog to find out why we chose Sidnee Andrew - I'll be posting soon :)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you I was stalking waiting for more pics! What a sweet boy. Mia looks like such a good nurse too :)

There are a lot of emotional parts about being a parent. One quote I heard once that has always stuck says, "To have a child...is to forever have your heart go walking around outside your body." So true!

It's my prayer that you take these first few days and weeks moment by moment. It's easy to become overwhelmed but as I'm sure so many people have told you, there's nothing sweeter than a newborn baby. Take care and never hesitate to call. Remember...I've been there :)

Love you!

Marti

Angela said...

What cute pictures! If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I got emotional, too, at the loss of the umbilical cord. :-)

How is everything going for you guys? Are you adjusting well and getting enough sleep (haha)?

Melissa said...

How absolutely adorable he is!!

Anonymous said...

Take it from your Dad, a real old timer...Please enjoy each and every moment Lindsay as they go by so very quickly...

May God continue to bless you and your family.

Love,

Dad

nick&abby said...

he is so beautiful! i still can't get over how much he looks like andrew!!
....on a p.s. note...can you please please email me your home address :)

Lindsay said...

He is SO stinkin' cute.