Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy Birthday

Our little Andrew Lindsay was born three years ago on this day, August 8. I remember that time so clearly. In fact, when August roles around each year, I can just feel it in the air. The heaviness of the hot, summer weather, is like the condition of my heart when my mind drifts back to memories surrounding that time.

When I remember back to those few weeks...

from receiving the devastating news that our child had a condition incompatible with life (called Bilateral Renal Agenesis) to preparing for his birth, to him arriving, to planning and going through the funeral/burial, to wading into a time grief...

I think about what a precious and innocent time that was in our life (Andrew and mine). Our hearts were so tender and we were truly giving it all to our Father God for Him to carry. He was (and is) so faithful. Never has there been a time in my life where I have felt so close to Him. I wish I could put into words what that felt like but I don't believe I can.

God chose our family to be His instruments during the summer of 2007, and He composed an incredible masterpiece that has broken our hearts but strengthened our faith. Each note itself in the song hurt to write, I'm sure, but when played from beginning to end sounds beautifully glorious. I haven't yet heard the end of the song but the notes have been written (AMEN!!)... Just waiting for the composer to play them!!

God's been reminding me this week that the time I will spend with my son in Heaven will far out number that time I could have ever spent with him here. My "time" with Andrew Lindsay was't lost, it's just around the corner. I can almost hear the music!!

Here are some photos from the party today...







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words are so heartfelt and touching Lindsay. It was a beatiful day yesterday to celebrate baby Andrew Lindsay. Love Dad

Teske said...

What a precious post, Linsday, and a special way to honor Andrew Lindsay. Love you!